Monday, September 1, 2014

NEW RECIPE: Marinara-Salsa Stewed Pork Tenderloin (Pork Four Ways, Part 3)

© Constantine William Spyrou

I'm very excited for this weekend because I get some extra time with my family and my older sister is home! To celebrate, we are having a barbecue this Monday, and I'm making the menu. Since I have four pork tenderloin pieces to work with, I wanted to do something unique with each that I think the whole family will enjoy! =)

This pork tenderloin piece got cut into pieces, lightly floured, and then simmered for a bit in a sauce consisting of marinara and salsa. It's really simple, but its also customizable and fun because you can play around and pick your favorite marinara sauce and salsa to put into it! It makes the pork incredibly rich and tender, and deepens the flavor to a whole new level! 

Recipe serves 4 people.

Ingredients:

3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch-thick rounds
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
2 tablespoons salsa 
1 cup flour
Salt and pepper to season

Cooking/Assembling:

1. Season each of the pork pieces and lightly cover with your flour. 
2. Sear on each side in a pan on medium high heat for a minute, then add into a pot with the marinara and salsa mixed in. 
3. Turn the pot onto a low heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes after all of the pork is added in. 



This pork dish is so quick to make, but again, it really has a deep flavor that comes from the stewing of the pork meat. It's not too spicy because there's not much salsa, but the kick really livens up the dish and brings the pork and marinara together.

I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let me know what you think and what you would change. If you make it at home, let me know how it turns out! Enjoy! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment